Thursday, July 14, 2011

Therapy-oke!

I don't smoke.

I don't drink.

I don't do drugs.

I.     DO.      KARAOKE.

I'll sing ANYTHING.  Janis. Tina. Patsy. Harry Belafonte. James Brown. Elvis. Barney. 

This refers back to my using Rock and Roll to cope.  


With Karaoke, though, I'm kicking it up to the next level.  I AM THE ROCK AND ROLL.  It's great, especially when I'm up there singing Janis Joplin.  I get to yell and scream at a room full of people, with a great track to back me up, and when I'm done, they applaud me!  What a way to get out my frustrations!  Anyone can do it! You don't even have to sing well.  In FACT, the people having the most fun are the ones who can't sing their way out of a paper bag, and just don't care.  They're right!  Who cares what other people think?  Are you having fun?  Do you FEEL GOOD? (HA!) Well, then pick up that mic, pick out a song, and sing your heart out. I'll be in the audience applauding your courage! 



No comments:

Post a Comment