Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Exorcising the demon!

I need an old priest and a young priest....

It's amazing the amount of clutter you accumulate in 12 years of marriage.  Now mind you, we moved seven times in that twelve year span, so we've done some periodic purging, but there is still work to be done.

I have never been much of a housekeeper.  Those of you who know me, are probably laughing hysterically at that slight understatement.  My strengths have always been loving, cooking, and entertaining.  If you couldn't hug it, eat it, or laugh at it, I wasn't interested.

But, the times they are a changin'.  He moved out, and so now my space is truly just that--MY space.   As much as being alone can really drag you down, knowing that you run the show, and have no one to answer to but yourself, is the most peaceful, and liberating feeling in the world.  

And since,  I'm now driving this bus, I want you all to yell



"Short Bus Driver.....


CLEAN! THAT! HOUSE!"


2 comments:

  1. You should try 38 years of marriage! We have a house full of COLLECTIONS, not souvenirs. There's everything from pre-Columbian textiles to coins to stamps to Spanish mud-people to Lladro ceramics to Uruguayan Animalitos--you name it, and we've got some of it. Oh! And I forgot to mention some 200 pairs of antique stirrups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, when you die, can I ebay your stuff?

    ReplyDelete