Thursday, July 14, 2011

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Man School....I shall conquer you! I may not win every battle, but I WILL WIN THIS WAR.


A few days ago, I was mowing my lawn, like you do.  Easy, right?  My eleven year old can mow the lawn without a problem, but apparently I'm not smarter than a fifth grader.  In my infinite wisdom, I removed all the landscaping stones from my garden's perimeter, and decided I was going to mow over the front part of my garden, as it was ninety nine percent weeds.  It needed to be cleaned up.  The first run through really neatened things right up, and as I was mentally patting myself on the back, I took a second sweep through.


The mower started bucking, and thrashing, and spewing large chunks of white plastic all over my garden.  I backed it off to see what I'd hit.


There, in front of me stood the remains of my sewer pipe.  I guess it's there so you can access it in case of a problem.....well, I'm certainly glad I can access it now, cause I have a really big problem.


Fortunately it only ground up the cover to it, and not the actual pipe, but the hole was still exposed, so it meant a trip to Home Depot.  I speak a few languages, quite well in some instances, but one language I have yet to learn is Repairian.  So with hands, feet, and some funny noises, I explained to the nice man in the orange apron what had happened, and he directed me to the correct aisle.  I bought a screw cap thingie, and headed home to successfully conquer Man School Lesson number 2.


Hopefully, that's the last pipe I'll smoke in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment