Friday, July 22, 2011

I see a white door and I want it painted blue!

I had a very lonely day today.  I felt as though the world was coming to an end because I had no one to play with.  My kids were at Daddy's, and all my friends were busy with their own lives.  It was pretty dismal.

I watered my two plants, one of which is brown, and practically jumped out of the pot when I came at it with water for fear that I was attacking it with a foreign substance. I'm the Dr. Kevorkian of house plants. They know when they cross my threshold they're coming here to die.  

I alphabetized my LP's for which I have no record player.  

I played PAC-MAN. 

And right about the time I started eyeballing the two pints of Ben and Jerry's in my freezer, I decided it was time for an intervention.  I needed to go to my happy place.  Unfortunately, tickets to Switzerland are out of my present budget, so I opted for my second choice.  I needed to bring a little more color into my life.

First, I needed some great music, enter Ray Charles.  


Second, I needed a fantastic paint color.  TURQUOISE.  That's one of those colors that improves your mood no matter what.  Either you look at it and it makes you happy, or you look at it and get sick.  And we all know after you get sick, you always feel better.


So, with roller in hand, I reinvented my front door.  Before, it was a dreary blase' white representative of the status quo, now it's a tropical aqua that leads to my newer happier world.  


If you don't like the direction things are going, it's up to you to change them.  Who would've thought a can of paint could do more good than a six pack and a Xanax?

No comments:

Post a Comment