Thursday, September 1, 2011

GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blows my mind how many times I've started something only to quit halfway through when presented with a challenge.  The only thing, until now, that I've ever followed through with is childbirth, and frankly, after a certain point, I didn't really have a say in the matter.


I am proud to report, that I completed a licensing course for my present line of work.
In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that big a deal, but to me it's tremendous.


First, I paid the money for the course. Parting with money is not something I do easily.
I love being surrounded by dead presidents, and it hurts me deeply when they leave me.


Second,  I had to actually study the information.  Sitting down is something I do well.  Focussing is not. My friends joke that I'm worse than a crow.  Something shiny passes through my periphery, be it an object or an idea, and my thought train is completely derailed.  Luckily I was given five months to complete a course that should've only taken me three weeks.  I made certain to utilize that time to it's full potential.


I read over the information, did the online quizzes, three times, constantly dreading the pending exam.
I eventually threw caution to the wind and just took the test.  And I PASSED it.


The next day, I walked into my work, informed everyone of my recent accomplishment, and reiterated my interest in fulltime employment.  They all congratulated me,  and asked me if the coffee was ready yet.


Baby steps, I thought....but steps in the right direction.  I've made my first goal!  I have many more to achieve, and I will reach them, one play at a time. I've just gotta keep head held high and my eye on the ball!

1 comment: