Friday, August 19, 2011

My Dogs Are Barkin'!

I have a job.  In an office.  We are required to dress in business attire, which quite frequently, includes high heels.  Who on earth came up with the brilliant idea that women who are in charge of seriously important stuff should do it walking on their toes?   Probably a man.  They figured if they had to watch women surpass them professionally, they could soften the blow of their defeat by making it a prettier package.  They wanted to keep us on our toes, literally.   

The other day I was wearing a particularly uncomfortable pair of heels...I headed into  the break room at work and happened upon some of my female co-workers.  They saw me practically limping as I made my way to the water cooler, and Daisy asked "Girl, why do you wear those shoes if they hurt you so badly?" 


To which I responded, "How else am I gonna grab me a man?  I need to find me a wealthy man......no strike that.  I'm gonna be the rich successful one and have me a smokin' hot pool boy named Francesco." The ladies all started laughing.

As if on cue, one of the handsome younger guys we work with struts in the room, and starts digging in the ice machine....I looked at him, smirked and said...


"Hey, Chad..." He looked up at me questioningly."Do you speak Italian?"

Daisy and the rest of the girls nearly fell out of their chairs. 

1 comment:

  1. Thats hilarious! Wish we were co-workers, I am sure you would make my day interesting.

    From one lady to another on the "dogs", buy those high heels with a platform up front (GOD does it help) and make gel inserts your best friend. Also, bring some flats to wear at your desk and too and from work.

    Good Luck with finding the pool boy!

    ReplyDelete